1. Each take a piece of paper and fold it twice to make a grid of eight rectangles.
2. Make sure everyone understands the problem or need that you are solving. This can be in the form of a How might we... question.
For example, “How might we increase customer satisfaction?”.
3. Have a timer ready and explain that everyone will have one minute per crazy idea (one idea per box). Ideas can be written or drawn.
4. Call out each minute as it passes, and encourage the group to move on to the next box.
5. At the end of the eight minutes, ask each person to talk through their ideas.