1. Draw the following on a large surface:
2. Write the goal of the user above the drawing. For example, “buying a TV”.
3. Spend five minutes per section writing your assumptions on sticky notes.
What is the user saying, thinking, doing, feeling about their goal?
What jobs does the user need to do? E.g. keep the kids entertained.
What pains do they have achieving their goal? E.g. too much tech jargon.
What do they stand to gain from their goal? E.g. peace and quiet.
4. Collect the sticky notes, put them in the relevant section and talk through them.
5. Use Assumption Map to decide which assumptions about your user you need to validate first.