1. Consider the minimum amount of frames you need. Do this by plotting out what the key steps are in the user’s journey to carry out the idea. Plot out each key step that users will take in your idea. Try to keep it to a minimum.
2. Once you have your key steps plotted out, start sketching out the scene of the first step.
Tip: if in a group, delegate someone to draw. Ask the rest of the group to articulate what should happen in each scene. It doesn’t need to be pretty, it just needs to get the point across.
3. When you are done, it can be helpful to write a brief description underneath each frame. A sentence or a few words will do.
4. Run through your idea as a group.
Does it make sense?
What could be improved?
What isn’t needed?
These might come out of your discussions as you are drawing, but it’s always useful to take a break and come back to these questions with fresh eyes.
5. Evaluate your idea with Idea Beetle