Rose, Thorn, Bud
1. Select and agree on the what you want to evaluate.
For example: a design, someone’s personal performance, a project, an idea, an existing service or solution.
2. Write a short description or find a suitable image of the thing.
3. Put it on the wall so everyone can see it clearly.
4. Explain the sticky note colour system:
Rose: Pink sticky notes (positive aspects of the thing)
Thorn: Blue sticky notes (negative aspects, or things to watch out for)
Bud: Green sticky notes (potential opportunities)
5. Using this system, ask your group to write as many points as they can within a time limit.
6. Affinity Sort the sticky notes and take it in turns to discuss each person’s point.